Capabilities provided by SCD for marketplaces
The SCD multi-vendors variant integrates with marketplace plugins such as Dokan, WCFM and WC Vendors to provide additional capabilities for marketplace admin and vendors:
The marketplace admin configures the SCD Admin settings (described in the SCD Admin Settings page).
For instance, the marketplace admin can use the SCD admin settings to:
- Configure the list of available currencies
- Set custom exchange rates for currency conversions
- Enable or Disable location based currency selection for customers of the marketplace
With SCD each vendor can:
- Specify his own default currency
- Use his default currency for setting his product prices.
- Vendor A can set Euros (EUR) as his default currency and define his product prices in EUR,
- Vendor B can set British Pounds (GBP) as his default currency and define all its products prices in GBP.
- A customer visiting the marketplace will see all the products from all vendors in one single currency, determined based on the customer location and the SCD Admin settings.
- SCD performs the conversions between the individual vendor currencies and the shopping currency of the customer.
Integration with marketplace plugins