“GENERAL SETTINGS” TAB
- Approximate the price
This setting rounds up the resulting foreign currency price to your convenience. It avoids several digits after comma while showing your products prices and let you make additional money out of approximations. Approximations rules: bigger than 0,5 is rounded up to 1. smaller than 0,5 is rounded to 0,5. 0,5 itself remains unchanged. (ref. fcf1.png) [demo].
- Enable multiple currencies payment
This setting enables or disables the usage of foreign currencies for payment. While disabled the default currency is shown in the website for every product and there is no end users widget to Change to another currency. (ref. fcf2.png) [demo].
- Automatically update the exchange rate
This setting lets you automatically update your exchange rate or not. The rates are coming from Yahoo Finance. If checked you can use the next setting “Update intervals” as well. If not you can use the “Manual settings options”. (ref. fcf3.png) [demo].
- Update intervals
- Manual settings options
“CURRENCY SETTINGS” TAB
- Webpages display currency
Select which fix products currency should be displayed to your customers. If you choose “Auto detection” the right display currency and values are automatically detected according to the users location. E.g. a customer located in the USA has the products displayed in USD. The one located in France has the same products displayed in EUR. (ref. fcf6.png) [demo].
- Filter users currency display choice
Filter which currencies the end user is enabled to manually select for display, using the related widget in your target webpage. Selecting “All” means that he can choose every currency. (ref. fcf7.png) [demo].
- Enable decimal numbers display
Enable the display of decimal numbers in your webpage, for the resulting prices. If enabled you can select the number of decimals within the next setting. If not the decimals are removed after conversion. (ref. fcf8.png) [demo].
- Number of decimals
- Multi roles based, webpages display currency
This is a special use case related to the setting above “Webpages display currency”. It is intended for multi users/roles websites like marketplaces. Once checked it overrules “Webpages display currency”. By automatic price detection of products created by specific users/roles, if for the target currency nothing has been defined, a fallback is done to the default currency. If the end users explicitly selects this currency, he is informed by the system that no related price is available. Go to the documentation of the multi users/roles settings to learn more. (ref. fcf10.png) [demo].
“MULTI USERS/ROLES SETTINGS” TAB
This feaure is appropriate for marketplaces. In general for multi users/roles setups on platforms. The platform administrator(testadmin) can define for each different user/role how many foreign currencies this one is allowed to define on his platform. For example the user testuser is selling on a platform testplatform. Testadmin can define that testuser is allowed to sell with up to 3 different foreign currencies on his testplatform. testuser can choose the foreign currencies he wants, they should be maximal three. For another user testuserB, testadmin has defined only one foreign currency. Doing that testadmin can built up business cases on top of this. If the end user(potential buyer) manually chooses a currency for which testuserB hasn’t defined a price, and is interested on the product of testuser, he will get the notification that no price has been defined for this specific product and this specific currency. This means that the more foreign currencies are enabled by the platform administrator, the better it is for the seller.
- The platform administrator defines for each specific user/role a number of foreign currencies this one is allowed to use while selling his products (as defined above). (ref. fcf11.png) [demo].
- The seller creates a product, defining foreign curriencies according to the administrators setting. (ref. fcf12.png) [demo].
- The administrator by selecting which default currency should be displayed to end users calling his platform, can enable the fact that, if a seller has no price to this specific currency, then the sellers default currency and price are shown to end users. (ref. fcf13.png) [demo].
END USERS WIDGET
Using the end users widget the end user can manually select in which currency he wants to see the prices and buy the different products.
- Add the users widget as short code. (ref. fcf14.png) [demo]
- Configure where to place the end users widget on your website. (ref. fcf15.png) [demo].
- The end user selects a specific price, according to the related administrators selection filter. (ref. fcf16.png) [demo].